[vfio-users] USB device passthrough regression?

P. Pronk vfio at pronk.nl
Wed Nov 1 09:01:43 UTC 2017

Ah, only just noticed its probably the same OEM card as Corey is using ;)

For full disclosure, this is the pci-e riser I am using:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PCI-E-PCI-Express-Extension1X-Riser-Card-Power-USB-30cm-Extender-Cable-4pin/361629487578

I really dont recommend using those ribbon type risers for that. It
might fit and or work but with a double slot gpu you have to bent the
ribbon almost 180 degrees to pass under your gpu cooler which can cause
the ribbon to come of the board. And then you risk short circuiting if
the open ends of that ribbon touch.