[vfio-users] VM has no display

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Thu Nov 23 17:57:48 UTC 2017

While experimenting with display settings inside Windows 10, trying to
get it to not duplicate the display between the host console and guest
monitor (the two displays have recently started duplicating each other,
which they didn't used to do; this may be related to my updating to
Fedora 27 but I'm not aware of changing anything intentionally) I have
managed to get it to not display on either, which I didn't know was
even possible.

Since my Win10 installation is on a raw drive, I dual-booted and after
some grumbling from Windows about "getting devices ready", it booted,
using the 2nd GPU. However back in VM-mode under virt-manager I still
get no display, neither on the console window nor on switching monitor
input to the 2nd GPU. I tried again, this time telling Windows to
duplicate the displays (i.e. attempting to get back to where I was) but
that hasn't worked.

My setup uses the default QXL video, PS/2 mouse and virtio keyboard,
all of which have been working up till now.

I'm at a loss. Has anyone a clue what is wrong here?

poc