[vfio-users] Device passthrough using pci-assign

Spoorti Doddamani spoortidoddamani1990 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:52:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are using pci-assign option for device passthrough; we observe that
the interrupts are still going through host and cpu utilization is
very high.

We unbind the NIC card from host driver and use the following command
for device passthrough:
qemu-system-x86_64 -m 512  -net none -hda xxx.img -device
pci-assign,host=01:00.0

Could you please let us know why cpu utilization is very high even
though we do direct device assignment? Also, could you please let us
know where to find more documentation on pci-assign.

Thanks,
Spoorti