[vfio-users] passthrough not working.

Martin Schrodt martin at schrodt.org
Thu Oct 19 16:34:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 10/18/2017 03:10 AM, redhat at vanvoorn.com wrote:

> With OVMF, no matter what vbios I pass through, I get no output.

This sounds like you try to pass the VBIOS with romfile=XXX?

If so, I just wanna say that I tried the same with a GTX670 a month ago
and experienced the same thing - no output. During debugging, I
even tried romfile=original_dumped_bios, and would still not get any
output.

After flashing the UEFI-enabled BIOS, it worked with OVMF. Not sure
whose bug this would be, but if you are reasonably sure the BIOS is ok,
I'd try flashing it.

Good luck!

Martin