[vfio-users] TSC unsable + radeon = creepy bugs

Quentin Deldycke quentindeldycke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 19:01:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

Using i7 4790k + r9 290, i have problems with my virtual machine when
restarted after suspend.

I found that i happen to have a warning about incorrect TSC after suspend
the kernel give a config to disable TSC at boot time. When disabling tsc,
the radeon driver can't restart at all! It seems Qemu enforce the use of
TSC even if it is not available!

Is there anyone having:

   - a buggy motherboard like me \o/ (asrock extrem 6)?
   - managed to disable TSC completely for the virtual machine?
   - find a way to 'correct' the tsc after suspend?

My libvirt xml is with this mail.
--
Deldycke Quentin