[vfio-users] TSC unsable + radeon = creepy bugs

Martin Schrodt martin at schrodt.org
Sun Sep 24 11:02:54 UTC 2017

Hi Quentin,

On 09/18/2017 09:01 PM, Quentin Deldycke wrote:
> Using i7 4790k + r9 290, i have problems with my virtual machine when
> restarted after suspend.
>
> I found that i happen to have a warning about incorrect TSC after
> suspend the kernel give a config to disable TSC at boot time. When
> disabling tsc, the radeon driver can't restart at all! It seems Qemu
> enforce the use of TSC even if it is not available!

I have an Asrock Z170 Exteme 4 that had the exact same problems (VM
would work fine until the host was suspended at least once, and on
resume would give me the TSC unstable warning). This was around a year
ago. I wrote to their support, and they send me a "Beta BIOS" which I
flashed and it resolved the issue.

I did not dare to flash any newer official BIOS since then, since
everything works now.

So maybe flashing the newest BIOS will already fix it, if not, contact
support.

Good luck,
Martin