[vfio-users] Cannot get vfio-pci to work

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 18:10:59 UTC 2018

[cc +vfio-users]

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:50:04 +0200
Jes Urup <jes at urup.me> wrote:

> I still get the same error.
> But i managed to get this from dmesg:
> https://paste.pound-python.org/show/lZ7ZsSrZn7pmfekxI6hU/
> Could it be bacause of grsec/pax ?

Potentially, I don't have any experience with either of those.  Can
they be disabled for testing?  Looking at the QEMU code, the "no such
host device" is well before you'd get the permission denied error I
mention below, this is simply trying to stat the
directory /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:04:00.0.  So probably likely that
you're running in a security environment that isn't letting QEMU do
what it needs to do for device assignment.  Thanks,

Alex