[vfio-users] Switching to Q35

I'm interested in switching to Q35 but it isn't entirely trivial.
Simply editing the machine-type line in the XML file doesn't do it:

If I change:

   <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-3.0'>hvm</type>

to:

   <type arch='x86_64' machine='Q35'>hvm</type>

I get:

   Error: unsupported configuration: IDE controllers are unsupported
for this QEMU binary or machine type

I created the VM using Virtual Machine Manager under Fedora over a year
ago, so most of the settings were defaults at the time. Is there a
Dummy's Guide to changing this, or would it be easier to just create a
new VM (keeping the existing storage of course)? The man pages are
pretty unhelpful.

For completeness I attach the full XML file.

poc