[vfio-users] Is there a way to fake subsystem id for passthrough cards?

Nick S nick.kvmhv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 08:49:57 UTC 2018

I have several cards of the same model that I use for different VMs and
each time I move a virtual machine from one GPU to another that VM
apparently goes through a driver re-installation routine. The only
difference between cards appears to be Subsystem ID. Is there a way to fake
it somehow? I.E. by patching one of the host kernel modules? I am running a
customized kernel anyway, so patching it a bit more wouldn't be an issue.
Any pointers where it can be patched (if it can) will be much appreciated!