[vfio-users] How does a vfio container related to a iommu_domain

Wuzongyong (Euler Dept) cordius.wu at huawei.com
Fri May 25 08:44:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

I noted that the comments in vfio_iommu_type1_attach_group:
                /*
                * Try to match an existing compatible domain.  We don't want to
                * preclude an IOMMU driver supporting multiple bus_types and being
                * able to include different bus_types in the same IOMMU domain, so
                * we test whether the domains use the same iommu_ops rather than
                * testing if they're on the same bus_type.
                */

In intel x86 platforms currently, can I think a virtual machine have a one-to-one association with  a vfio container,
and a vfio container have a one-to-one association with a iommu_domain?.
Does there exist any scene or system that two domains use two different iommu_ops?

Thanks,
Wu Zongyong