[vfio-users] Intel IGD VFIO passthrough success on i3-6100, but failed on i3-6100U

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 23:59:00 UTC 2018

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 07:24:14 +0800
Acewind <acewind at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I leave vnc graphic in libvirt xml, and set target address of IGD
> hostdev to another dbsf (not 0000:0:02.0),win 10 guest can work.
> Then I connect into win10 guest with vnc viewer, Intel graphic device can
> be seen ok and I can install driver for it.

If the IGD is not at 0000:00:02.0 in the guest then it's not running in
legacy mode, which might be fine for you device, though Intel has kind
of abandoned the idea of Legacy vs UPT mode.  UPT mode was originally
meant to run only as a secondary display to an emulated graphics, so
you probably wouldn't get boot graphics on a physical display, if
that's what you're after.  Thanks,

Alex