[vfio-users] about vfio IGD host bridge

fulaiyang fulaiyang at 163.com
Fri Mar 29 02:52:10 UTC 2019

Hi Alex:

  In the 'vfio_pci_igd_host_init' func,we should stuff a few values into the host bridge such as BDSM、GMCH.
And the resgister offset in the host bridge is defined in ‘the igd_host_bridge_infos’ structure. But I confuse that
the offset is different from the  8th intel processor datasheet.  I wonder if it is a problem? Thanks.

qemu/hw/pci-host/piix.c
static const IGDHostInfo igd_host_bridge_infos[] = {
    {0x08, 2},  /* revision id */
    {0x2c, 2},  /* sybsystem vendor id */
    {0x2e, 2},  /* sybsystem id */
    {0x50, 2},  /* SNB: processor graphics control register */
    {0x52, 2},  /* processor graphics control register */
    {0xa4, 4},  /* SNB: graphics base of stolen memory */
    {0xa8, 4},  /* SNB: base of GTT stolen memory */
};

8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-2

fulaiyang