[virt-tools-list] VMM - Video Virtual Hardware question

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 12:36:57 UTC 2009

Hi,
I've been digging some of virt-manager code because of USB/PCI devices bits so I was exploring addhardware.py . There is a condition to show that libvirt doesn't support Video hardware if the version is not greater then 6005 (libvirt 0.6.5). I've been testing this on 0.6.5 version as well (by doing a small hack in my VMM local installation) and the SystemRescue CD in mounted CD-ROM drive was showing different video devices here (ie. Cirrus logic, VMWare video device and something else) when doing changes in that. Isn't is possible the condition here is not right and it should be:

       add_hw_option("Video", "video-display", PAGE_VIDEO,
                      libvirt.getVersion() >= 6005,
                      _("Libvirt version does not support video devices."))

instead of:

       add_hw_option("Video", "video-display", PAGE_VIDEO,
                      libvirt.getVersion() > 6005,
                      _("Libvirt version does not support video devices."))

in addhardware.py (the condition on libvirt.getVersion() line should be equals or greater than rather than just greater than) ?

Thanks,
Michal