RE: [virt-tools-list] Can't select partition when creating VirtualMachine

I was finally able to install my Virtual Machine on a physical partition, but I was unable to get it to boot from that partition. I eventually manipulated the storage in the virtual machine manager prior to creating the host. I was able to install, but am still unable to boot.

Any thoughts?

From: virt-tools-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:virt-tools-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Paul Dufresne
Sent: August-22-09 1:17 AM
To: virt-tools-list redhat com
Subject: [virt-tools-list] Can't select partition when creating VirtualMachine

Hey guys,

I originally posted this on Fedora Forums, but it was suggested that I post this here. I consider myself to be an expert PC user, but not an expert Linux user. Anyway, here is the original post:

“I'm installing WindowsXP as a virtual machine on Fedora 11, but the screens in the Virtual Machine Manager don't match those in the help file. I want to use an actual partition instead of an image file, but it isn't offered as an option.

Do I have the wrong version of QEMU or the Virtual Machine Manager? I just installed them today, so they're from the FC11 packages.

Also, to get the OS to install, I had to use generic machine rather than specifying the OS. I'm not sure why.”

ThanX