Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager / QEMU problem connecting to graphical console

Title: Re[2]: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager / QEMU problem connecting to graphical console

> On 12/21/2009 11:49 AM, Andy wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I have a weird and fatal problem with my virt-manager.

>> Whenever I connect to one of my currently running Linux VMs on my (remote) QEMU

>> machine, virt-manager hangs at "connecting to graphical console for guest"

>> If I connect to a machine which has just started up, all works just fine. If I

>> close the connection to that machine and then reconnect, all works fine.

>> But as soon as I quit virt-manager, restart virt-manager, and reconnect to the

>> host, it gives me this problem. Rebooting and then starting virt-manager again

>> also does not solve the issue.

>> When I click "Open" on a VM, it DOES asks me for the SSH password (using SSH+VNC

>> tunnel), accepts it and then just hangs.

>> When I then close the window to this VM, virt-manager crashes and I have to

>> force quit it.

>> All my Linux VMs are Debian Lenny (stable), running in standard text mode (what

>> is it, 80x25?).

>> Now the weird part: I also have a Windows VM on this machine, and this one NEVER

>> fails to connect!!

>> I can connect, reconnect, quit virt-manager, open it again, and it still works!

>> This really baffles me.

>> Help would be appreciated solving this issue, because as it is I can not take

>> over my Linux VMs while they're running, and that's kind of the whole point ...

>> some technichal information:

>> Tried this with virt-manager version 0.5 up to version 0.8.2 under Ubuntu

>> (latest release) AND under Fedora Core 12.

>> Could reproduce this every single time.

> What is the remote host OS (are you doing F12 -> F12 and Ubuntu ->

> Ubuntu?) Are you using upstream virt-manager releases or distro

> virt-manager releases?

> Are all the VMs mentioned above on the remote host (none local)?

> Thanks,

> Cole

The remote host OS is Debian Lenny (volatile), kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64)

The OSs on which I tried all the virt-manager versions are Ubuntu (latest) and Fedora Core 12.

I've used both the packaged versions (.deb & rpm) and I tried with version 0.8.1 from source.

Latest one I tried was 0.8.2 under Fedora Core 12 from testing-unstable.

All the VMs mentioned are indeed on a remote host, I have no local VMs.

Andy