[virt-tools-list] Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Virtio support in Windows

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Sat Jul 18 16:56:01 UTC 2009

Laurent Léonard wrote:
> What about a generic Windows target with (network only at this time) virtio
> support, like the "virtio26" target ?

At this point, the osdict should only be for stock OS distributions. Since no
version of windows comes with virtio drivers, it doesn't apply here. The user
can always manually override by specifying --network ...,model=virtio,...

When we break out the osdict into a separate library, we will provide
mechanisms to install custom os options into the dictionary: a virtio enabled
windows could be one of them.

- Cole