[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] keyboard grabbing behaviour

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:38:01 UTC 2009

When setting the "Grab Keyboard Input" preference to "Never" my keyboard is
grabbed when my pointer is grabbed (by pressing ctrl+alt or clicking on the
console). Is this expected behaviour? I expected that even when I forced a
pointer grab (ctrl + alt) I would still be able to switch virtual desktops
in the host using the keyboard.

I stumbled across this because I was thinking to automatically removing the
menu and toolbar when both the pointer and keyboard is grabbed. And
restoring on ungrabbing.
After all, what is the point of showing them when you cannot use them? Any
thoughts on this?

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com