[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] keyboard grabbing behaviour

When setting the "Grab Keyboard Input" preference to "Never" my keyboard is grabbed when my pointer is grabbed (by pressing ctrl+alt or clicking on the console). Is this expected behaviour? I expected that even when I forced a pointer grab (ctrl + alt) I would still be able to switch virtual desktops in the host using the keyboard.

I stumbled across this because I was thinking to automatically removing the menu and toolbar when both the pointer and keyboard is grabbed. And restoring on ungrabbing.
After all, what is the point of showing them when you cannot use them? Any thoughts on this?

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com