[virt-tools-list] finding manipulating interfaces with virDomain/virConnect reference

Hi,

I'm working on some network simulation tool based on libvirt python
module. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question
but since my debian package indicates your homepage I hope to be
right.

My problem i following:
I connect to the hypervisor and get an virConnect reference and now I
would like to remove some/all interfaces. I checked the available
methods but it seems like no method can fulfill my wish. Even in
virDomain I couldn't find an appropriate method.
I would like not to detach the interface but to remove it from the
/etc/libvirt/qemu/<machine_name>.xml config file so that the system
remembers my decision next time I boot the machine.

I'm sure there is a way but somehow I can't see/find it :(

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thx in advance

/david

--
"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich: das Universum und die menschliche
Dummheit; aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher