[virt-tools-list] Virt-viewer Mozilla plugin 0.2.0 [bug] doesn't seem to work anymore

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 16:33:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:17:45PM +0200, Laurent Léonard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Virt-viewer Mozilla plugin doesn't seem to work anymore in 0.2.0.
>
> I used the following HTML code:
> <embed type="application/x-virt-viewer"
> width="400"
> height="300"
> uri="qemu:///system" name="test">
> </embed>
>
> but I got a grey zone on the page. The virtual machine is correctly running
> and composite stuff in my window manager are disabled.

Hmmm there be dragons.

Really we couldn't get Mozilla plugins to work reliably, without
crashing the browser.  No one seems to know why.

Also, having such a plugin is a potential security hole.  At the very
least, it's an obvious denial of service attack against your browser.

Probably that code should be removed from virt-viewer.  (CC'd and
follow up to gtk-vnc-list).

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v