Re: [virt-tools-list] No more VM details in virt-manager?

On 10/10/2009 12:31 AM, Dennis J. wrote:
On 10/10/2009 12:26 AM, Dennis J. wrote:
Hi,
I just upgraded my F11 virt-tools using the repository that contains the
rawhide versions for Fedora 11. This seems to work well but apparently I
can no longer see the hardware details of the VMs nor can I add hardware
like e.g. storage like i could in the regular F11 version of
virt-manager.
Is this an intended change?

Hm, i just noticed that I get access to the details when I start
virt-manager as root but not when I start it from the menu as a regular
user. Is this intended behaviour and if so is it possible to give a
regular user full access to all of virt-manager?

Er, I just saw that the toolbar option defaulted to "off" for the regular user and activating it surely made the details available.

I guess that's my cue to stop working already and go to bed :)

It would probably be a good idea though to add the "details" entry to the "Virtual Machine" menu so that is accessible with deactivated toolbar. The Run, Pause and Shutdown buttons are available from the menu too after all.

Regards,
  Dennis