[virt-tools-list] No more VM details in virt-manager?

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Fri Oct 9 22:36:47 UTC 2009

On 10/10/2009 12:31 AM, Dennis J. wrote:
> On 10/10/2009 12:26 AM, Dennis J. wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just upgraded my F11 virt-tools using the repository that contains the
>> rawhide versions for Fedora 11. This seems to work well but apparently I
>> can no longer see the hardware details of the VMs nor can I add hardware
>> like e.g. storage like i could in the regular F11 version of
>> virt-manager.
>> Is this an intended change?
>
> Hm, i just noticed that I get access to the details when I start
> virt-manager as root but not when I start it from the menu as a regular
> user. Is this intended behaviour and if so is it possible to give a
> regular user full access to all of virt-manager?

Er, I just saw that the toolbar option defaulted to "off" for the regular
user and activating it surely made the details available.

I guess that's my cue to stop working already and go to bed :)

It would probably be a good idea though to add the "details" entry to the
"Virtual Machine" menu so that is accessible with deactivated toolbar. The
Run, Pause and Shutdown buttons are available from the menu too after all.

Regards,
   Dennis