[virt-tools-list] network xml files

I'm trying to configure a bridge network for my guests - so they are on the same subnet as the host.

I have a hard time with that.

First question:
there are /var/lib/libvirt files, e.g network/default.xml
then there's a /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml file and a /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml
Which file is used for what purpose?

While at it, is it possible to have additional files (such as bridged.xml) that will be used
by virt-manager network drop-down?

Also, when changing xml files, do I need to restart service libvirtd? restart virt-manager?

Thanks,
Dan