[virt-tools-list] network xml files

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 12:56:04 UTC 2009

On 10/12/2009 08:21 AM, Dan Bar Dov wrote:
> Thanks, I was able to manually alter the guest xml file to use the bridge.
>
> However, I'd like the default network setup for newly created guests to use
> that bridge configuration rather than the default nat. (or at least have it
> as an option in
> the network dropdown in virt-manager)
>
> Dan

There isn't any way to change the default network device in virt-manager
(this is a bug), however the manually created bridge should show up in
the create wizard drop down. If you have no use for the nat based
network, you can delete it via Edit->Host Details->Networks. This should
cause the 'create' wizard to default to your physical bridge.

- Cole