[virt-tools-list] virt-manager 0.8.0 wont run

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Thu Oct 22 10:40:35 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 22 octobre 2009 à 12:36 +0200, Dan Bar Dov a écrit :
> Trying to reboot, I reconnect the cdrom to the iso file,
> the xml file looks like that:
>
>     <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
>       <driver name='file'/>
>       <source file='/home/iso/fc11.x86_64.iso'/>
>       <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
>       <readonly/>
>     </disk>

I see 2 problems here:

- you shouldn't use virtio for cdrom
- I don't know where the <driver name='file'/> comes from

Here's an example of a working CROM device:

    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <source file='/var/lib/libvirt/iso/Fedora-11-x86_64-DVD.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='ide'/>
      <readonly/>
    </disk>

Oh, you should also check security contexts if you have SELinux enabled.
(it may be better to put all your iso under /var/lib/libvirt/)

Regards, Daniel

Mail: daniel at firewall-services.com
Web : http://www.firewall-services.com