[virt-tools-list] libvir: Remote error : Failed SASL step: -1

Franz Fuchsbauer franz.fuchsbauer at solvedirect.com
Wed Oct 28 14:51:07 UTC 2009

Hello!

When I try to connect remotely to my hypervisor, I get following error:

ff at sdff:~> virt-viewer -c qemu://sdvirt1/system ubuntu
libvir: Remote error : Failed SASL step: -1 (SASL(-1): generic failure:
Unable to find a callback: 32775)
unable to connect to libvirt qemu://sdvirt1/system

I get the same error when I try to connect with the virt-manager.

I have no problem to connect with virsh:
   ff at sdff:~> virsh -c qemu://sdvirt1/system
   Please enter your authentication name:username
   Please enter your password:
   Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

It's also possible to connect via ssh:
   virt-viewer -c qemu+ssh://sdvirt1/system ubuntu

But I get the same error message when I try to connect via tcp or tls.

Has anybody an idea what this error is about?

My server runs on ubuntu 9.04, my client on OpenSuse 11.1

Thanks
   Franz