Re: [virt-tools-list] problem starting virt manager

When I tried to install virtinst things started to get real crazy.
It installed under python2.5, for whatever reason (standard install of the OS)
I had both python2.5 and python2.6 installed.

I decided to do a clean OS install, of a different distro, hoping it'll be more
up-to-date with virt-manager.

However, what I've learned from the experience is that the configure script
of virt-manager is pretty bad, and fails to check the relevant depoendencies.
Also, I'd expect a better package documentation.

Thanks,
Dan

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote:
On 09/22/2009 04:04 AM, Dan Bar Dov wrote:
> I installed the latest virt-manager (0.8.0).
>
> When I start it I get the following error and error dialog:
>
> # virt-manager
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so:
>
> Dialog:
> Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: cannot import name Storage
>
> Details:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 377, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 318, in main
>     from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in <module>
>     from virtManager.clone import vmmCloneVM
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/clone.py", line 31, in <module>
>     from virtManager.storagebrowse import vmmStorageBrowser
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/storagebrowse.py", line 29, in
> <module>
>     import virtManager.host
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/host.py", line 26, in <module>
>     from virtinst import Storage
> ImportError: cannot import name Storage

What version of virtinst are you using? You'll want to be using 0.500.0:

http://virt-manager.org/download.html