Re: [virt-tools-list] OpenVz and libvirt (Debian Lenny)

Thanks for the info (I know a client who won't be happy to learn that ... :-)

virt-manager --connect openvz:///system works, vz & kvm vms are listed.
"Run" throws an error but start the vm,
"Pause" failed (with virsh : "error: Failed to suspend domain 101
error: this function is not supported by the hypervisor: virDomainSuspend", I think it's pretty clear)
Reboot, shutdown and force shutdown commands are working.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote:
On 04/12/2010 05:59 AM, Arthur Clement wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make a fully working node with kvm and openvz, both
> managed by libvirt on Debian Lenny.
> Kvm/libvirt is running fine but I have some trouble to make openvz and
> libvirt working together.
>
> First, I had to use a backported libvirt (0.7.6-1~bpo50+1), 0.4.6-10 was
> to old and virsh was not able to connect to openvz.
>
> Currently, I can create a vm with openvz tools and control with virsh
> (start/list/destroy...) but the configuration is still in /etc/vz and I
> can not create a VZ vm with virt-install (for example : how to choose a
> template ? ).
>
> Virt-manager does not list openvz hypervisor when I create a vm, only
> qemu and kvm.

virt-install and virt-manager haven't been patched to allow openvz VM
creation. However, virt-manager should be able to at least list and start/stop
VMs, though you will need to manually pass the openvz URI to virt-manager
using the --connect option:

virt-manager --connect openvz:///system

If VM listing and start/stop doesn't work, run with the --debug option here
and hopefully it should be easy to fix.