Re: [virt-tools-list] Trying to use KVM and virt-manager on Ubuntu 10.04. Networking and physical device passthrough problems

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM, RoboJ1M <jim neave googlemail com> wrote:
Hi,
Hi!

Problems:

With a routed virtual network setup, I can see the virtual servers but the virtual servers cannot see outside their network.
I have a Hauppage PCI DVB-T tuner card that is actually a USB device mounted on a PCI card. When I add this device to a VM, nothing appears in lsusb inside the VM.
Does this device appear as a USB device to the host and show up in lsusb there?

Right now I don't even know where to start. If I create virtual network as NAT'ed, the VMs can see the internet/intranet but nothing can see them.
This is expected when using NAT. You can work around this by setting up port-forwarding.
Have you tried setting up the guest connected to a bridge (shared physical device)?

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com