Re: [virt-tools-list] Default use of caching on raw volumes

On 08/17/2010 07:17 AM, Nikolai K. Bochev wrote:
Well i just tried this ( i never really did read the documents on that
part ) and amazingly my loadavg on the kvm host dropped by a factor of 10.
All the load was coming out of a heavily loaded VM with pgsql in it that
was writing all the time ( zabbix monitoring etc. ).
I guess this should really be set as default, not sure if it's up to
virt-manager or libvirt.

This is precisely my point. With defaults the way they are right now, I suspect quite a few people will get the wrong impression of KVM's performance. I've even found a significant performance increase with file backed VMs by disabling caching.