[virt-tools-list] exporting and re-importing a vm created with virt-manager

What is the cleanest approach to export a vm (disk image along with
associated xml file) to an external media, then re-importing that vm
back into virt-manager?  Some combination of virt-create with --import
and virt-convert?

I've got some test vm's that I made clones of, and I would like to
back them up to an external source and reimport them at a later time
should I need to.

Thanks.