[virt-tools-list] VirtManager iSCSI Volume

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 02:25:40 UTC 2010

On 08/24/2010 12:05 PM, Mike Hall wrote:
> Is is currently possible to set up iSCSI storage volumes for a KVM
> host using VirtManager?
<snip>
>  Alternatively, is there a manual way to do this?

Hi Mike,

My first thought here is that it's possibly due to the version of
VirtManager in Centos 5.5 being a bit old.

The version in RHEL 6 (soon to be released), is much more capable.

That being said, the RHEL 6 (beta) instructions here for the command
line way of doing things _may_ work for Centos 5.x:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/chap-Virtualization-Storage_Pools-Storage_Pools.html#sect-Virtualization-Storage_Pools-Creating-iSCSI

A broad caveat though, I don't personally have much knowledge depth of
the virtualisation abilities of RHEL 5, so it may not work anyway.

RHEL 6 on the other hand, works fine. :)

Does that help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift