Re: [virt-tools-list] How to discover the baremetal resources & install a VM image on the same

On 08/31/2010 11:14 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> And I need to find the mac address of such machines that are up with just
>> BIOS.
>> Does virt-tools provide support for image installations on * bare-metal *?
>>

> Not that I know of, that's not really virt related. There are probably
> tools for the job, just google 'linux image deployment'

I realize now that you might mean doing v2p, converting an existing VM
to a physical machine. Unfortunately we don't have a tool for that yet,
but googling for 'linux v2p' might find more info on possible steps by hand.