Re: [virt-tools-list] Crosspost: KVM live migrate RH6 to or from RH 5.5

On 07/12/2010, at 9:37 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> Again, this command works without fail as long as both servers are
>> running the same version.
>>
>> Any ideas are appreciated.

My understanding of *live* migration, is that it does only work between the same versions of KVM.

So, RHEL 5 -> RHEL 6 wouldn't be a go-er.

Non-live migrations should work.  I *think* the problem for live migration is with different versions of KVM having different capabilities regarding device, memory, graphics, and network state management (probably other bits too).