[virt-tools-list] libosinfo - implemented.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 20:42:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 03:37:53PM -0500, Arjun Roy wrote:
> GObject sounds like it has its benefits, and I'm definitely open
> to the idea of using it for implementation. But for now, I'd like
> to make sure the programmer interface itself is acceptable, since
> we can always change out the implementation of the library itself
> once the API is decided upon.
>
> I'd go so far as to say that let's figure out API and packaging
> with the code as is for now, and once that's settled the implementation
> can be modified whenever convenient.

Using GObject is not just an internal implementation detail, it would
significantly change the public API. For example all the typedefs would
be changed to refer to the GObject structs. The 'char **' arrays would
be returning GList objects. The 'err' parameters would all be GError
and so forth. The 'osi_generic_t' type & any methods relating to it
would go away.

Regards,
Daniel