Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager - iptables / firewall rules

Cole Robinson wrote:
Sorry, I did not realize you had created virtual machines that were
actually using the default network. If you don't want libvirt messing
with IP tables, you basically can't use virtual networking and will need
to use a network bridge instead.

It was just some testing environment. Good to know, what a virtual network is in redhat terminology :)

You can set up a network bridge with the steps here:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Bridged_networking_.28aka_.22shared_physical_device.22.29

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. That wiki is very helpful to me.

And then attach the bridge based network to your guest using
virt-manager: Details-> Add Hardware -> Network ->Shared physical device

I will give that a try.

Stefan