Re: [virt-tools-list] [fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: New releases virt-manager 0.8.3 and virtinst 0.500.2

On 02/11/2010 08:39 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
On 02/11/2010 12:26 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
On 02/09/2010 10:25 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
I'm happy to announce two new releases:

virt-manager 0.8.3: virt-manager is a desktop application for managing
KVM and Xen virtual machines via libvirt.

Note that this new virt-manager exposes a memory leak in the augeas
library (used by the netcf library, which libvirt uses for the  host
interface config APIs). After several hours of an open host connection
in virt-manager, libvirt's memory footprint grows to several hundred MB.

The cause of the leak has been found, and a patch submitted, but if
anyone wants to avoid this leak in the interim, you can get the augeas
source from:

    git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/augeas.git

and apply the attached patch.
Thanks a lot for tracking this down! It's probably I good idea to get
this patch into rawhide ASAP before we hit a slew of bug reports from
the fedora alpha.

I'm sure lutter is listening ;-)

While we're tossing thanks around, the real thanks go to you for adding virInterface support into virt-manager. The feature didn't really seem finished until now.

I've noticed a couple problems that I thought I should list:

1) the "delay" property in bridges is a float, not an integer, so the spinner object you use to set it doesn't work for real-world values.

I would try my hand at coming up with a patch for these two items, but my list is already too long ;-)