[virt-tools-list] virt-install to create xen-xm format

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 15:47:10 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2009 02:40 PM, Irwan Hadi wrote:
> I noticed that newer version of virt install when it is paired with
> later version of Xen (eg: 3.3.0) will create configuration file using
> the xend-managed format (xen-sxpr) that is stored in
> /var/lib/xend/domains
> My question is it possible to configure virt-install so that it will
> store the config using the legacy xen-xm format (in /etc/xen) ?
>
> The reason for this is we are trying to store all of our xen
> configurations in a centralized location, and using the legacy xen-xm
> format makes things much easier for this...
>
> Thanks

Libvirt has a driver for exporting xen xm format files in /etc/xen, it's
what is used with older xen (like RHEL5). You would need to make libvirt
use this driver even on newer xen. You might be able to do this with
specific libvirt build options, by disabling all xen drivers except
'xm'. See libvirt's ./configure --help

- Cole