Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager / QEMU problem connecting to graphical console

Title: Re[2]: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager / QEMU problem connecting to graphical console

>> This likely has to do with 'nc' version incompatibilities. virt-manager

>> and libvirt use the 'nc' utility to stream connection and VNC data over

>> ssh. Fedora and debian have different default 'nc' utilities with

>> different options: upstream virt-manager works with red hat based

>> distros, but debian packages should be appropriately patched to work

>> with remote debian hosts.

> libvirt in Debian requires the correct 'nc' implementation. So if

> you're able to connect over SSH with libvirt, then virt-manager should

> not have any trouble with 'nc' itself. There shouldn't be any need to

> patch virt-manager - just install the correct 'nc' which is already

> available in Debian

Following the NC incompatibility reasoning I installed a fresh Debian OS, with the exact same kernel as my server, on my client machine.

Both machines are now running Debian Lenny with volitale updates and a 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel.

But, I still have the same problem: it won't connect to the virtual machines screen when it's already running.

I guess I should've used Fedora as my server OS then... since the machine is already online, that's no more an option though.

I will live with this inconvienience for the time being and just use SSH for my linux clients.

Regards,

Andy