[virt-tools-list] virt-resize: respect sparse files

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems that virt-resize currently doesn't notice if the source image is sparse during it's copy process. For example, if I have a 5GB sparse image that is really only 1GB in used space, and want to grow that image to a 10GB sparse image with virt-resize.. I end up with a 10GB sparse image now with 5GB used.

Would it be possible for virt-resize to pay attention to "sparseness" during the copy process by default or offer an option to do so?

Thanks