[virt-tools-list] Live Migration of KVM VMs

We are running RHEL-5.5 hosts.
All VMs are KVM.
All VMs have dedicated iscsi targets. Those targets are made multi-host and enabled on the target host prior to the migration.

Live migration from virt-manager running on my Fedora 13 desktop, does a live migration, and creates the domain.xml file on the target. It leaves the domain.xml file on the original host, which needs to be undefined manually.

PROBLEM:
Running virsh directly on the command line, does NOT create the domain.xml file on the target host.

Staring for a while at the python scripts in the virt-manager source brought no inspiration.

Here is the command line used on my Fedora 13 desktop:

$ virsh -c qemu+ssh://root 172 20 1 1/system migrate --live --persistent --undefinesource 7659-centos-core qemu+ssh://root 172 20 1 16/system

Both of those hosts are RHEL-5.5

The version of virsh/libvirt on those hosts do not support --persistent or --undefinesource.

However, virt-manager seems to get --persistent to work or at least emulates that function somehow when communicating with hosts that have older versions of libvirt.

How does it do it?

Any help is appreciated.