[virt-tools-list] Networking query

I currently have an operational virtual machine environment that I use for
development purposes. The VM's never need to access the Internet, only
resources on the parent host (NFS shares). And I want to be able to “ssh” into
the VM's from the parent host.

I have set-up a bridge on “eth0” and this gives me the required connections –
but only if I have an ethernet connection.

How can I do this if the parent host has no external connections? Is it
possible to “bridge” the loopback device? (I've tried unsuccessfully to do
this.)