[virt-tools-list] virt-install not creating config file in /etc/xen

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 14:20:59 UTC 2010

On 03/03/2010 12:28 PM, kevin wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just installed Xen 3.4.3 as well as yum updating virt-install.
>

> I tried creating a new Xen instance with virt-install , however I noticed
> that it is no longer creating the config file in /etc/xen.

Libvirt only creates /etc/xen files for old variants of xen, basically
only on RHEL5 vintage systems. Everything else is stored wherever xend
saves it.

> This config file is what I use when starting domains , or establishing a
> symlink in /etc/xen/auto for automatically starting.

You don't need to use the config files for starting domains, just use
virsh: 'virsh start $your-vm-name'. See 'virsh list --all' for all
available VMs.

Libvirt supports xen autostart, just use 'virsh autostart $your-vm-name'
to set the flag.

- Cole