Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager snapshot

On 03/23/2010 06:13 AM, Ryan Mindaña wrote:
> how can i create a snapshot using virt-manager? i tried to use the save
> feature but when i restore and reboot the machine the image was corrupted.

'save' is more like a the laptop hibernate feature: it saves only memory
state, not ram state. If you are having issues with it, I'd recommend
filing a libvirt bug with your distro.

Disk and ram snapshot functionality isn't available with libvirt at this
time, but is being actively worked on at the moment so hopefully we
should have support in virt-manager within a couple months.