Re: [virt-tools-list] shutdown / save guest state on host shutdown / reboot?

On 02.11.2010 13:28, Zdenek Styblik wrote:

(...)

What are the ways to automate guest shutdown or save/resume state of the
guests upon host shutdown/reboot?

I don't know the correct answer, but what pop-ed up in my head instantly
was...

How about to write a shell script, which is going to be called

Well, write your own shell script is always a possibility.

But it's hard for me to believe that with a complex solution like virsh / libvirt, where almost all aspects of running virtual guests are covered, I'm the first person to ask about such basic functionality ;)

Or? What are other people on this list using to stop or save guest state graciously when the host reboots / halts?

Maybe there is some solution already? Custom scripts? If everyone is using custom scripts, maybe it's time to show some code and start building on that?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org