Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager can't open display

On 11/08/2010 09:09 AM, Santanu Das wrote:
Hi there,

Just installed KVM on my server without any xwindows system. Then ssh onto the server (with X11Forward on) and found virt-manager can't open display when I issue the command:

Typically, virt-manager is intended to run on the system administrator's console, and not the server.

All the server needs is libvirt.

All you need to manage VMs on the server is a copy of virt-manager on your desktop.

You will need to configure an authentication method (like ssh keys) to prevent unwanted control of your server, but that is it.

Good Luck!