Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-install --pxe REVISIT RESOLVED

On 11/12/2010 10:47 AM, Phil Meyer wrote:
Pleas guide me as to where and/or who would work this bug:

Fedora 12+ and RHEL6 both suffer this issue.

This was caused by the new seabios booting much faster than the old BIOS. Thus causing the dhcp request to run afoul of the 15 second default delay in the 'new bridge' traffic.

By default, a new bridge on RHEL defaults to a 15 second delay before any traffic can pass over the new bridge.

This is a 'convention' used to prevent bridge loops from causing network meltdowns.

By setting the delay to 5 seconds, everything works perfectly.

To display the current setting:

# brctl showstp br0 | grep -i delay
forward delay 14.99 bridge forward delay 14.99

To set it:

# brctl setfd br0 5

Thanks to RH support.
Great response on this one, and saved our bacon!