[virt-tools-list] virsh and attach-device

David Cure virt-tools at cure.nom.fr
Fri Oct 15 09:13:21 UTC 2010

		Hello,

	I want to attach a disk in a running linux squeeze VM (KVM), the
disk is based on an lv snapshot.

	I define my disk in an xml file :

    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu'/>
      <source dev='/dev/vgkvm/lv-tahiti-backup'/>
      <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
    </disk>

	And run this command : virsh attach-device vm fic.xml and the
result is "Device attached successfully"

	but in my vm, I don't see the disk (fdisk -l), nothing in the
log in the VM related to the disk, and nothing in the vm.log on the KVM
host.

	Any idea ? thanks,

	David.

PS: I try attach-disk too but I can't choose qemu for the driver.