[virt-tools-list] restoring backup from an LVM Guest OS on KVM Lucid

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 05:47:47 UTC 2010

Yes Justin that does help.
I need one more information.
When I used virt-manager had installed the guest OS in and LVM.
The process of creating a ext4 and swap in that LVM was taken care by
virt-manager.
How does virt-manager do that?
Suppose I take an rsync backup of the filesystem on LVM.(Swap wont be backed
up in fact it is not needed)
Then on the other server if I want to use this rsync backup i.e. want to
boot from the os whose backup was
taken is how is that done? Does this also comes under migration?
How does virt-manager handles the process of creating a file system and swap
co existing
in same LVM.Is it possible to reproduce this manually then how can I do
that?