Re: [virt-tools-list] restoring backup from an LVM Guest OS on KVM Lucid

On 10/04/2010 06:08 PM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Justin Clift<jclift redhat com>  wrote:
....snip........

I *think* that's what you're asking?  Is that right? :)

I just tried fdisk /dev/nintendo/testlvm
and created the things as I wanted thanks.
I did not knew that we can use fdisk to partition an LVM also.
Every thing is perfectly working.

No stress. :)

The error from fdisk was because the "disk" it was given was _really_ blank. Not even a data structure at the start (called a disk label)
to say what to expect in the way of partition structures.  (there are
a few options... dos style partitions are not the only choice)

But, sounds like you've got it figured, so all good. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift