Re: [virt-tools-list] KVM Live Migration

On 10/06/2010 12:39 PM, Mike Hall wrote:
... Following up ...

Similar story with a CentOS 5 guest.
The migration appears to work fine, but guest reboots and loses IP connectivity.

Hi Mike,

As a thought, do you have SELinux enabled on the servers host servers, and are the host servers patched to the latest available patches?

Ask that specifically, because I had a similar thing occur here in a
test environment a few weeks ago.  I'd brought up two new RHEL 5 host
boxes, connected via NFS, which were rebooting the guests after any
(supposedly) "live" migration.

My problem was fixed by:

 1) Updating to the "latest" patches at the time, then

 2) Realising I was also running with SELinux enabled, but hadn't
    told SELinux to allow NFS with virtualisation.  After fixing
    that, things worked.

I'm not sure if 1) was necessary, I'm just describing what I found. :)

To check if you're running with SELinux enabled, do:

  $ getenforce
  Enforcing
  $

If it's turned on, check if SELinux knows to allow NFS with
virtualisation:

  $ getsebool -a | grep virt_use_nfs
  virt_use_nfs --> on
  $

If it comes back "off", this could be your problem, solved by:

  $ sudo setsebool -P virt_use_nfs 1

I don't *think* it needs a reboot or anything afterwards, but
this is all from memory, etc. :)

Does that help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift