Re: [virt-tools-list] KVM Live Migration

On 10/06/2010 01:40 PM, Mike Hall wrote:
As a thought, do you have SELinux enabled on the servers host
servers, and are the host servers patched to the latest available
patches?

SELinux is/was enabled virt_use_nfs == on No patches, bog standard
install with available RPM updates

I tried disabling SELinux (setenforce 0), but same result. The guest
is pingable from the VM host, but not the network. Becomes pingable
again if re-migrated back to original host. Possibly some sort of
switch/ARP update required?

I'm pretty sure the shared NFS stuff is working OK, the guests do
actually migrate and restart, its just that rebooting and losing
network connectivity isn't the desired outcome :-)

I'm looking into libvirt hook scripts, not sure if they're relevant
yet or not. Also not sure if I'm dealing with one problem or two
separate problems (rebooting + network).

Yeah, it sounds weird.

If you try kicking off the migrations from the command line, using virsh
instead of virt-manager, what happens?

ie.  from a command line on the source host:

  $ sudo virsh migrate myguestname qemu+ssh://destserver/system --live

Suggesting this purely because using the command line options gives a
more obvious mental handle on what's being attempted.

The only other thing I can think of, and this is a long shot, is that
maybe there's a firewall enabled on one or both (or the NFS server),
and maybe that's "somehow" blocking communication flow at some point?

Not sure how that could happen, but if it's not a production host (?),
then it's pretty easy to test by turning off the firewall. :)